1. What is the length of your season?
Answer: At a minimum, November to the beginning of May. Season will extend into June if AAU Nationals are attended and into July when a USAV bid is earned.
2. How many times per week do you practice?
Answer: 2-3 times per week depending on the age level during non-tournament weeks. Travel and play schedules may impact the number of practices during a tournament week, but teams will practice at least 1 time with an effort to schedule a 2nd practice during tournament weeks.
3. What nights and times do you practice?
Answer: Days of the week and times will be decided based on team and coach needs after teams are in place. Practices will generally last for 2-2.5 hours.
4. Where do you practice?
Answer: Gymnasium at Herman C Michael Park in Oconee County
Address: 1051 Elder Rd, Bishop, GA 30621
5. At what level of competition will you compete?
Answer: It depends on age and skill level of the team; however, most of our high school age teams will compete at a national power level.
6. How many tournaments do your teams play?
Answer: 7-10 tournaments
7. What are the more popular tournaments you attend?
Answer: USAV National Qualifiers, AAU Championships and Super Regionals, Elite Invitationals, USAV Pre-Qualifier, Multi-Day Premier Southern Tournaments, etc.
8. How does your club assist players in the college recruiting process?
Answer: One of our staff is a national scout and recruiting specialist who overseas our recruiting services. These services include video support, coach relationships, direct school communication, training, tournament exposure, etc.. We can walk you through the recruiting process and educate you along the way. Since 2014, more than two (2) dozen Metro Athletes have committed to play college volleyball! While we cannot guarantee these opportunities, it is our 100% commitment to pursue that outcome for all of our athletes who want it!
9. Do your teams play in the SRVA region championships?
10. Do your teams attend the AAU volleyball tournament at Disney in June?
Answer: Decisions concerning AAU Nationals will be made on a team-by-team basis in February.
11. What are your club fees?
12. Are your club fees due right away? And what if any are the extra costs for families? Is this a normal cost for club volleyball? How does this compare to other programs.
Answer: Fees can be paid at once or over a monthly payment schedule through mid-February. Fees cover an athlete’s seasonal participation on a team. Please check our financial commitment page to see what is included. Our Club Fee does not cover any expense other than those identified. We are also not in the position to address the costs of other clubs, but are confident in saying that because we are opportunity-focused above being revenue-driven we are offering the best bang for the buck in Georgia volleyball. Please do not hesitate to contact us about special needs.
13. Do your fees include the travel or is that extra?
Answer: Club housing and common carrier travel expenses are not included in our club fees. Rather than build-in a fee that would have to be inflated above even the best estimate to ensure coverage of all travel expenses in an ever-fluctuating market, we choose to deal with travel separate. Metro does commit to help coordinate travel options that provide quality but reasonably priced accommodation options. Travel expenses coordinated by Metro include hotel accommodations and common carrier/airfare (when necessary) for the teams. Travel arrangements do not cover ground transportation to and from tournament locations.
14. Do your fees include all player uniforms?
15. Are shoes included with your uniform package?